Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

quinta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2015

Paisley Memories The Beginning of Me - Zelle Andrews

I was given a ARC in exchange of a honest review.

I started this book yesterday and couldn't stop for the life of me. It hooked me right from beginning. 
Tess is a teenager, she's having the hardest time of her life. She had to drop out of school because of her daugther who suffers of Down syndrome. Her father just died and the foster system wants to take her daugther away. So  Tess leaves her hometown with no perspective of where to go.
She spends to much time on the road, until she comes to a town where she meets Butterball, a woman with a job oportunity and a place to stay  for Tess and Paisley
.
Tess is hardened, she doesn´t make friends or let another people in her life. 

This story is mostly about learning. Learn how to cope, how to deal with everything life throws your way. 
Wonderfully written, Paisley memories is a heart warming story. It breaks your heart and then put it back together.

If you´re expecting a romance, I must say it has romance, but is a secondary character. It doesn´t focus on it.
Though the romantic part is really sweet and funny. The way Tess meets Aaron is hilarious, it made me laugh hard. 


"As I stood up, I tripped on the strap of the camera bag and fell backward into someone´s lap.
 -Oh, my gosh! I am sorry, - I stammered amd scrambled out of the person´s lap, tripped on my own shoelace, and fell again. In a desperate attempt to not land in his lap again, I turned to catch myself. I ended up with my fae into a man´s chest"


" -Do you need help?- He extended his hands.
I opened my mouth to talk, but instead I inhaled my gum and choked"

Aaron´s daughter is a loony, she cracks me up a lot with her stunts to keep Aaron and Tess apart. I surely hope there are a continuation for Tess and Aaron, they deserve to have their story told more thoroughly.


Eu comecei esse livro ontem e não pude parar nem pra salvar a minha vida. Prendeu minha atenção desde o início.
Tess é uma adolescente e está passando pelo momento mais difícil de sua vida. Seu namoradinho a engravidou e a deixou quando soube da gravidez. O pai dela adoeceu e faleceu pouco depois do nascimento da filha de Tess, que nasceu com síndrome de Down. O serviço social quer esperar Tess ficar maior de idade e tomar sua filha pra colocá-la pra adoção. Por isso Tess pega seus poucos pertences e foge com Paisley, sua linda menininha, sem perspectiva de onde ir.

Elas passam muito tempo viajando, cerca de um ano. Até chegar em uma cidade em que Tess encontra Butterball. uma mulher que lhe oferece um trabalho e um local pra ficar.
Tess está endurecida pela vida, e não deixa outras pessoas se aproximarem dela facilmente.
A história é mais sobre aprendizado, sobre como aprender a lidar com as bolas curvas que a vida lança em sua direção

Maravilhosamente escrito, Paisley memories quebra o seu coração e depois cola os caquinhos de volta.
Se vc for ler esse livro esperando por um romance, eu devo lhe alertar que tem romance, mas ele é um personagem secundário.Não foca nisso. Mas, a parte romântica é muito doce e engraçada. O jeito que a Tess eo Aaron se encontram pela primeira vez me fez rir horrores.

A filha do Aaron é uma doidinha, ela me fez rir muito com o que ela apronta ou fala pra manter o pai dela e a Tess bem longe um do outro.
Eu, certamente, espero que Tess e Aaaron tenham uma continuação, eles merecem ter sua história contada mais a fundo.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário