Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2015

Retrace - Sigal Ehrlich

                                       


I was given this Copy in exchange for a honest review.


When I requested this book at netgalley, it was because of the female character whom is from Brazil. Just like me, Yay. I was really happy right at beginning when I learnt that not only she is brazilian she´s also from my hometown, Fortaleza. I was deliriously happy about it.

So, Nia and Reeves met at a Hotel where they´re mistakenly put at same room. And they met again and again, always with no intention until they found out they´re neighbors.
Reeves feels survivor guilt because his best friend Ben, died in a mission they´re was together.
Ben left his family behind, including a sister, wich is in love with Reeves and she is a B.I.T.C.H. I was soo angry with her, and also with Reeves, because, he always left Nia, to go "help" Kate. She was a vicious woman behind her "sweetness". And it make me mad, because Reeves was so in love with Nia, their chemistry was ginormous, but he let her down again and again because of Kate. and because he was too stubborn and proud to say something.


Nia had her own problems. She felt like she didn't belong anywhere and she said that to Reeves, his answer was:

"" You belong here" He draws a arrow that points to the pillow I´ve been resting my head on every night for the last few months. Emotions bubble up inside of me. Scared, I laugh it off..."

...""It´s always about sex, huh? `You` is pretty general, you know, you can just use it to woo anyone you get in here"...


... " With his stare penetrating mine he slowly writes on his skin, just mere inches above his heart: Nia"

OMG, he´s so sweet, he just need to kick Kate´s ass to the curb.

Just so you can have a idea about how blind he is to her bitchness. Nia and Reeves are at Jake´s bar and they´re almost kissing, their mouths breathing each other and...

" "Reeves" a pair of slim hand wrap around my neck. Both Nia amd I flinch back, dumbstruck. A cloud of sweet scent angulfs me while soft lips press onto my cheek.... "Let´s go grab a drink and catch up", she shouts above Carmie´s lingering song. "

And he just left with her, he says to Nia, he´ll be right back and goes with Kate. I don´t know who made me more angry. I just want it to slap them 7 sundays to reason.

And after that Kate still asks for a ride, because her friends are going to another club and she wants to go home. And he left with her. OMG, I wanted to kill Kate and Reeves.

He always choose her, and it grate my nerves. 

Until Nia and Reeves fix everything I was about to get my kindle and throw in their heads.

I think the story "per se" had much more potential and could be better developed. The Brazilian part was barely mentioned, the readers aren´t even informed about Nia real last name, she uses her mother, which is north american, maiden name. And her father name isn´t mentioned in any moment. In the end Reeves visits Nia´s family with her, and left her with them while he goes to "Pantanal", a wetland area in Brazil, but it is spelled incorrectly as "Panatal"

I will look for another books by this author.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário