Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

domingo, 17 de junho de 2018

Rock Legend (Nothing But Trouble #2) by Tara Leigh



I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest review

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm no Prince Charming.

Most people know me as the drummer for Nothing but Trouble. Depending who you ask, I'm also a playboy, a loner, the life of the party, a screw-up, or according to my fans, "The Sexiest Rock Star on the Planet." Apparently, I'm a legend.

Am I surprised? Hell, no. It's a reputation I've earned behind my drum kit and behind closed doors. No one thought foster kid Landon Cox would become famous. Infamous, maybe. Notorious, probably. But successful? Never. No one except Piper Hastings. But I had to make a choice: my woman or my career. I picked fame and fortune... and spent every damn day since pretending I don't regret it.

Now fate's dropped Piper back into my life. I want to believe it's a second chance for me - for us. But while I can give her a few great nights, I can't give Piper a future.

Because there's a difference between a legend and a fairy tale...
Only one of them ends happily ever after.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually love books about band members, and this one could have been so much better.

It wasn´t a bad book, but it didn´t grow to its full potential.

Landon just gave me hives with his childishness. He was so weak, never capable to man up on his own.

And always blaming Piper for his problems. Oh, she doesn´t want me so I´m going to bury myself in drugs. Oh, she doesn´t want me, so nothing else matters.

I like the book full of angst as much as the girl next door, but sometimes its angsty feel forced and completely unnecessary.

Go on by yourself Piper, you deserve better. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Eu geralmente amo livros sobre membros da banda, e este poderia ter sido muito melhor.

Não foi um livro ruim, mas não alcançou todo o seu potencial.

Landon me deu coceira com sua infantilidade. Ele era tão fraco, incapaz de se responsabilizar por suas atitudes.

E sempre culpando Piper por seus problemas. Oh, ela não me quer, então eu vou me enterrar em drogas. Oh, ela não me quer, então nada mais importa.

Eu gosto do livro cheio de angústia tanto quanto qualquer mulher, mas às vezes essa angústia parece forçada e completamente desnecessária.


Siga sozinha Piper, você merece mais do que isso.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário