Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

domingo, 10 de junho de 2018

Envy by Dylan Allen



If envy is a sin, then let me be damned. 

Graham was born to be a star.
Once upon a time, that star shone only for me.
Now, I have to share him with the rest of the world.
For a while, I thought could do it. Because, beneath the hypnotic smile, gorgeous body and God given charm that made him famous, I caught glimpses of my best friend.
Of the boy who called me sunshine and loved me.
I wore that love like a crown... until he placed it on another’s head.
Losing him was agony, distance felt like the only cure.
When tragedy reunites us after years apart, it only takes one touch to erase the past.
Just like that, I’m back in his arms.
He promises this time will be different. But I’m afraid to believe him.
Because, behind his star’s blinding brilliance is a darkness that doesn’t want to let him go.
I know a star that bright can’tbelong to just one person, but my jealous heart doesn’t want to share him.
I want all of him..even if wanting what doesn’t belong to me leads me to ruin.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a fan of Dylan´s work since I read Thicker Than Water, and she didn´t let me down with Envy.

The beginning of the book was a surprise, because the blurb doens´t let on how the story begins, it doesn´t mention anything besides friends that were separated and one of them has become a star.

So, it was a good surprise for me how their story begins, and I spent a lot of time trying to understand how Graham could go from that start to a celebrity status, and I must say, although I liked this book very much, I didn´t like how Graham´s story evolved, and I don´t like problems caused by lack of comunication, so I struggled with it. But, it was a great story, I loved Graham and Apollo. They were meant to each other from the very beginning.

I really love Dylan Allen books and this one was no different. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário