Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2018

Drowning by Margaret McHeyzer



I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest review.


I’m a cutter.
I cut because I find solace in it.
I cut because it helps calm my frantic mind.
I cut because the voices inside my head tell me to.
I cut because this is the only way I know how to handle life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mental health issues in youth is growing alarmingly. An early diagnosis can be the difference between life and death.

Is  good to have books written to young adults approaching this theme, so commonly avoided in family and school conversations.

I think it was great that they both Ivy and Tobias had problems to overcome. Most books that address the issue, only one of the characters has it, so to both of them struggle with it, and learn how to not trigger the other one crisis its a learning in itself.

Though I didn´t liked it how Tobias just left, I can understand and respect why he did it. He want it to be a better version of himself to be with Ivy.

Kudos to Miss McHeyzer for handle it so perfectly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problemas de saúde mental na juventude estão crescendo de forma alarmante. Um diagnóstico precoce pode ser a diferença entre a vida e a morte.

É bom ter livros escritos para jovens adultos que abordam esse tema, tão comumente evitados em conversas em família e na escola.

Acho ótimo que ambos os personagens tenham problemas para superar, então, ambos lutam com ele, e aprendem como não desencadear uma crise no outro,  é um aprendizado em si.  A maioria dos livros que tratam do assunto, apenas um dos personagens o tem.

Embora eu não tenha gostado de como Tobias foi embora, posso entender e respeitar por que ele fez isso. Ele queria se tornar uma versão melhor de si mesmo para estar com Ivy.

Parabéns à senhorita McHeyzer por saber abordar o assunto tão perfeitamente.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário