Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

domingo, 8 de abril de 2018

As She Fades By Abbi Glines



On the night of her high school graduation, Vale McKinley and her boyfriend Crawford are in a terrible car accident that leaves Crawford in a coma. They were supposed to spend the summer planning for college, for a bright future full of possibility. Together. Instead, Vale spends long days in the hospital, hoping Crawford will awaken.

Slate Allen, a college friend of Vale's brother, has been visiting his dying uncle at the same hospital. When he and Vale meet, she can't deny the flutter of an illicit attraction. She tries to ignore her feelings, but she's not immune to Slate's charm. Slowly, they form a cautious friendship.

Then, Crawford wakes up . . . with no memory of Vale or their relationship. Heartbroken, Vale opts to leave for college and move on with her life. Except now, she's in Slate's territory, and their story is about to take a very strange turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me its always hard to review a book of Abbi Glines, because even though I usually like the story as a whole, I never like her characters, they´re always the same. The girl, who is super beautiful and super nice, and selfless, and thoughtfull, and a lot of other adjectives describing how superb she is. And the boy, who its always the stud, who likes to play Ash Ketchum and "Catch´em all" and then they see how wrong they were with their ways when they meet the selfless, thoughtfull girl.

I mean, come on, one book like this, we can tolerate, even two, but all of them? 

And, As She Fades, even though has a little of a twist plot, wasn´t really a original one.

I don´t know what else to say, besides, I´m sorry. I don´t like to give bad reviews. I know every author puts their sweat and blood to write a book, but I can´t say it was supergood, or that I loved. But I do can say, it was better than her last books, which I couldn´t even finish.

You probably are asking yourself: "Why did you keep reading if you hate them so much?"

First of all, I didn´t hate them, I just did´nt like that much.

And, I loved the Vincent Boys series, I don´t even remember if the girl and boy in this series were like the others, but I remember that I liked when I first read them, and I keap reading her books, waiting to find another one that I like that much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Para mim é sempre difícil fazer a resenha de um livro da Abbi Glines, porque apesar de eu gostar da história como um todo, eu nunca gosto de seus personagens, eles são sempre os mesmos. A garota, que é super bonita e super simpática, altruísta e atenciosa, e muitos outros adjetivos descrevendo como ela é maravilhoa. E o garoto, que é sempre o garanhão, que gosta de interpretar Ash Ketchum e "Catch'em all" e então eles vêem o quão errados estavam com seu jeito de ser quando encontram a altruísta e atenciosa garota.

Quero dizer, vamos lá, um livro como esse, podemos tolerar, até dois, mas todos eles?

E, As She Fades, embora tenha um pouco de uma reviravolta na história, não foi algo original.

Eu não sei mais o que dizer, além de me desculpe. Eu não gosto de dar críticas ruins. Eu sei que todo autor coloca seu suor e sangue para escrever um livro, mas eu não posso dizer que foi super bom, ou que eu amei. Mas posso dizer que foi melhor do que seus últimos livros, que eu nem consegui terminar.

Você deve se perguntar, por que você continua lendo os livros dela, se você os odeia tanto.

Primeiro de tudo, eu não os odiei, eu simplesmente não gostei muito. E eu adorei a série Vincent Boys, nem me lembro se a garota e o garoto desta série eram como os outros, mas lembro que gostei quando os li pela primeira vez, e continuo lendo, na esperança de encontrar outro de livro dela que eu goste tanto quanto "Vincent Boys".

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário