Professional Reader 80% Reviews Published 100 Book Reviews

domingo, 11 de março de 2018

The Raging Ones




#TheRagingOnes #NetGalley 



I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest review.



​In a freezing world, where everyone knows the day they will die, three teens break all odds.

Franny Bluecastle, a tough city teen, dreams of dying in opulence, to see wealth she’s never known. Like the entire world, she believes it’s impossible to dodge a deathday.

Until the day she does.

Court Icecastle knows wealth. He also knows pain. Spending five years in Vorkter Prison, a fortress of ice and suffering, he dreams of life beyond the people that haunt him and the world that imprisoned him.

Mykal Kickfall fights for those he loves. The rugged Hinterlander shares a frustrating yet unbreakable connection with Court—which only grows more lawless and chaotic as their senses and emotions connect with Franny.

With the threat of people learning they’ve dodged their deathdays, they must flee their planet to survive. But to do so, all three will have to hide their shared bond as they vie for a highly sought after spot in the newest mission to space. Against thousands of people far smarter, who’ll live longer, and never fear death the way that they do.
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, first of all, I must say, I´m a great fan of KB books and I was ecstatic when I learnt I received an ARC to read and review this book. Can you believe my luck? Yeah, me neither.

So... The Raging Ones was a surprise, as a fan of KB work, read TRO was a suprise every step of the way.

About the storyline:

I knew it was a sci-fi book, but I didn´t expect the level of commitment they put through it. They create a whole new world, literally. With intricacies that left you think WTH just happenned? But, at the same time it was like our old little world.

I mean... the world they live in is full of prejudice toward babes and fast trackers and prejudice its something we all know very well, we see all around us, every day.

The way KB developed the plot, and started to unravel the story to us its really great, I didn´t felt like I couldn´t understand whats was happening. Sometimes, I felt like it was bit slow paced, and it could go faster without lose content or meaning. But it wasn´t enough to make me put the book down.

But, what really was a catch for me was their relationship. I expected more. I really wanted them to be a triad, and I felt sorry for Franny, whan I saw Court and Mykal as a couple, and she was left out. I hope all three of them become sometging more at the next book.

About the characters:

I loved Mykal, and I think he´s the glue to their relationship. He is the one who cares the most about Franny and Court. And they both let it go of their stupidity because of him.

Even though Court its the more intelligent one, Franny its the smartest one. She learnt fast even if she didnt had his academic background, and that says a lot, since he was a Wonder ( a super smart, gifted person)

Court, needs a review just for himself. He´s Intelligent, cunning, an Alpha in every way and he has great trust issues. I didn´t liked him as I liked Mykal and Franny, I thought he was cold toward both of them, but specially toward Franny.

About the end:

WTF!!!! I need the next one ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Bem, antes de tudo, devo dizer que sou uma grande fã dos livros da KB e fiquei em êxtase quando soube que receberia um ARC para ler e revisar este livro. Você pode acreditar na minha sorte? É, eu também não.



Então ... "The Raging Ones" foi uma surpresa. Como um fã do trabalho da KB, posso afirmar que TRO foi uma surpresa a cada passo.



Sobre o enredo:



Eu sabia que era um livro de ficção científica, mas eu não esperava o nível de compromisso que elas colocaram nessa história. Elas criaram um novo mundo, literalmente. Com complexidades que me deixaram pensando: "Que WTF acabou de acontecer?" Mas, ao mesmo tempo, era como nosso velho mundinho.



Quero dizer ... o mundo em que eles vivem está cheio de preconceito contra os Babes e os Fast Trackers e preconceito é algo que todos nós conhecemos muito bem, vemos ao nosso redor todos os dias.



A maneira como a KB desenvolveu o enredo e começou a desvendar a história para nós é realmente excelente, eu não senti como se eu não entendesse o que estava acontecendo.

Às vezes, eu achava que estava um pouco lento, e que poderia ir mais rápido sem perder conteúdo ou significado, mas não me fez desistir de ler o livro.


O que poderia ter sido melhor, na minha opinião, foi o relacionamento deles. Eu esperava mais. Eu realmente queria que eles fossem um trisal, e eu senti pena de Franny, quando eu vi Court e Mykal como um casal, e ela foi deixada de fora. Espero que os três sejam um trisal no próximo livro.



Sobre os personagens:



Adorei Mykal, e acho que ele é a cola do relacionamento. Ele é quem mais se importa com Franny e Court. E ambos deixaram sua estupidez de lado por causa do Mykal.



Mesmo que Court seja o mais inteligente, Franny é a mais esperta. Ela aprendeu rápido, mesmo que ela não tivesse os antecedentes acadêmicos de Court.



Court, precisa de uma resenha só para ele. Ele é Inteligente, astuto, um Alfa em todos os sentidos e ele tem grandes problemas de confiança. Eu não gostei de como ele tratou Mykal e Franny, muitas vezes. Achei que ele foi muito frio com os dois, principalmente com a Franny.



Sobre o fim:



WTF !!!! Preciso do próximo, o mais rápido possível.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário